If you like chai lattes…
These oats are for you!
The Sugar Free Chai Concentrate can be found in the tea aisle at your grocery store (hopefully!) OR you can always buy them in a 6-pack from amazon. I actually like drinking the concentrate straight on ice or with almond milk, so if you’re worried about not being able to finish a 6-pack you’ll be fine.
I also always use Better Oats packets when I make oatmeal on prep. I haven’t found a lower carb oatmeal packet around & I like that these have flax seed in them so I’m getting a little bit of Omega-3s in my oatmeal. I can usually only find the Brown Sugar Maple kind in stores, but since quarantine started I’ve been buying them ALL on amazon.
Here’s an Amazon link for both the Cinnamon Roll Better Oats that you need for this recipe & the Apple Cinnamon Better Oats (that I use in my Apple Pie Cauli Oats!)
You can absolutely use normal, or quick oats (anywhere from 20-60+g should work) but be sure to add spices like cinnamon.
Other Variations of Cauli Oats I have on my blog:
And an Oat recipe without any cauliflower for those of you who are still skeptical.
And for the love of (I don’t know where I was going with this sentence) BUT STOP ADDING PROTEIN POWDER TO YOUR OATS.
I mean, you can if you want, but protein powder dissolves in the oats… OR you could choose to just add more egg whites to make it creamier & bigger (egg whites = more volume!)
The only reason I can see that anyone would add protein powder is for flavor… & spices like cinnamon, pumpkin pie spices, & then things like vanilla extract, caramel extract, & cake batter extract can mimic all the same flavors for 0 extra calories.
Skinny Syrups are also how I sweeten my oats & add flavor!
If you make these oats, I LOVE seeing pictures and videos of recreations on instagram! Tag me @emyogi_fit <3
Chai Cauli OatsCourse: Breakfast, Prep Essentials, Recipes
1 packet cinnamon 100 calorie better oats (you can use any oats you want, but this is just what i like to use)
160g frozen cauliflower rice
@oregonchai sugar free chai tea concentrate (just enough to cover the oats)
@skinnymixes skinny syrup to taste 40-60g
160g egg whites or more depending on your needs
28+g cinnamon tosties almond butter form @americandreamnutbutter
- Microwave your frozen cauliflower for about two minutes until warm
- Place oats in a small pot with cauliflower, 40 to 60 g skinny syrup add enough chai tea concentrate to cover the oats
- Using a whisk, heat on the stove top, stirring continuously until the oats have thickend
- Add your egg whites here
- Stir continuously to avoid clumps and cook until thickened again. Keep cooking it, I promise you won’t scramble to eggs since you’re stirring
- Remove from heat and place in another bowl and add your toppings
- NUTRITION- just base 228cal 25.5P/2F.25.5C
- NUTRITION- with toppings 387cal 33.2P/13.6F/29.9C