I have a question for you.
HOW TF do (normal) food bloggers come up with PAGES of story/explanation etc before the recipe?!
Like do you want me to explain the nutritional benefits of every single ingredient in this dish?
You’re gonna scroll past it anyways 🤪
I have a theory it has something to do with the more you have to scroll the more ads you see.
So I should probably be writing more so that this blog can actually make money 😂
SWEET POTATO SPICY COMFORT FOOD
That’s what this is.
I made this the first time with ground beef, but it would be SO good with chicken, turkey, etc as well!
You could also swap out the black beans for other kinds–or just leave them out if you’re a bean hater.
Bean hater lol 😂
You just need one pan for this recipe & it’s chock FULL of protein & allll the nutrients.
Please remember, carbs are your friends especially if your focus is weight loss and/or muscle building. You need carbs to fuel your workouts, fuel your BRAIN, & just generally function in society.
But you know that otherwise you wouldn’t be here. This ain’t a keto blog lol.
MACROS: 437 calories, 40.3P, 11.5F, 43.3C
Mexican Sweet Potato Skillet
16oz (1lb) 96/4 ground beef
1-2 garlic cloves (or 1 tbsp if you just use the pre diced stuff from the grocery like me)
1 large sweet potato, diced. (mine came out to 385g) (or two smaller sweet potatoes)
1 can of black beans (mine weighed 400g after draining)
1 can fire roasted rotel tomatoes & green chilies
112g Velveeta Cheddar Shreds
Chili Powder, Cumin, Salt, Pepper
Cilantro (to garnish)
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray & cook your ground beef & onion together. Add 1 tbsp chili powder & 1 tsp of cumin + salt & pepper
- Add the garlic once the beef is mostly cooked
- When the beef is cooked (brown!), set aside in a bowl & wipe/wash the skillet
- Combine the diced sweet potato, black beans, rotel tomatoes, & an additional 2 tsp chili powder + 1 tsp cumin + salt & pepper
- Stir together, cover with a lid, & let simmer for 15-20 minutes until the sweet potato is soft (the larger your chunks of sweet potato the longer this will take)
- Add the ground beef mixture back to the skillet & stir it all together!
- Top with cheese & it’s ready to serve or be split into meal prep containers.
- Macros for 1/4: 40.3 Protein, 11.5 fat, 43.3 carbs
I figured it out.
Food bloggers take so many PICTURES of their food and THAT’S WHY their blog posts are so long!
Cause they gotta show off all the pictures 😂
Anyways here’s another one:
If you make this recipe tag me over on instagram @emyogi_fit !
I LOVE to see your creations!