I adore my instant pot.
It makes life so much easier, especially when I’m feeling lazy & not wanting to make a giant mess in the kitchen.
Which is exactly what inspired this recipe!
MINIMAL EFFORT, but maximum flavor.
You’ll use the saute function on your instant pot for the start, but once the chicken is cooked the whole thing only takes SEVEN minutes in the instant pot!
This recipe is also chock full of micronutrients in the beans, peppers, salsa, & cauliflower rice.
We also use a small amount of real rice in this recipe too.
Please don’t sub it out–it’s key for getting the consistency right otherwise you’ll have something a bit more soupy in consistency.
Overall this recipe is still very low carb & fat, but high in protein so it should fit into your macros perfectly.
The recipe makes 6 servings and each serving comes out to:
278 calories 26.4P 3.4F & 36.3C
Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken Burrito Bowl
16oz ground chicken
60g diced yellow onion (1/4 cup)
~200g diced bell pepper (~2 peppers)
1/2 cup of white rice (uncooked)
1 can of black beans (455g)
1 can of Original Rotel
1 bag of frozen cauliflower rice (340g)
16oz jar of salsa of your choice (I used a cilantro kind that was 2c per tablespoon)
1 cup (8oz) chicken broth
56g Velveeta Mexican Shreds
- Using the saute function on the instant pot, use some spray oil & cook the ground chicken. Season to taste with salt/pepper.
- Add the onion & bell pepper & cook for 3-5 more minutes.
- Microwave the bag of cauliflower rice for ~2 minutes just to break up any big frozen chunks
- Add all the rest of the ingredients to the instant pot & stir
- Turn off the saute function & place the lid on the instant pot
- Cook at high pressure for 7 minutes
- Top with cheese before serving!
- Velveeta is a great low fat cheese that is so much more melty compared to other low fat cheeses!
Pingback: 20 Quick & Easy High Protein Meal Preps - Emyogifit