Before my first show of 2020 I had this unreasonable fear that my coach was going to ask me to stop eating oatmeal for a week before my show (because of digestion etc, watch this youtube video to learn more!)
If you guys have followed my journey through 2020 you know…
I’m not sure where that thought popped in from, because I did NOT have to stop eating my oats, BUT I ordered some flavored cream of rice from The Pride Foods anyways.
And now I have a new obsession.
If you cook it in the microwave with some egg whites you’re left with a high protein CAKE like bowl.
If you cook it on the stovetop its a lot creamier (perfect for savory recipes like this Loaded Baked Potato Cream of Rice!)
And non-negotiable is topping it with some nut butter! (My favorite = American Dream Nut Butter) My discount code “emyogifit” will save you 10% (and keep supporting my addiction lol)
I’ve tried Pride Food’s Brown Sugar Cinnamon, Fudge Brownie, Coconut Cream Pie, & Peanut Butter flavors so far & they are all phenomenal. Coconut and Brownie probably tie for first!
Cream of Rice CakeCourse: Dessert, Peak Week Recipes, Prep Essentials, Recipes, Refeed Meal Ideas
47g @thepridefoods flavored cream of rice
30g @skinnymixes skinny syrup, flavor of choice
80-130g egg whites
28g @americandreamnutbutter Breanne’s blend high protein peanut butter
- Place the COR in a bowl with The skinny syrup and add water according to the package directions then stir
- Microwave at 70% power for two minutes. It shouldn’t be fully liquid, but it shouldn’t be solid like a cake. If it’s still liquidy continue microwaving at 70% power another 30 to 60 seconds
- Stir, then add in egg whites. Stir again
- Microwave at 70% power for another two minutes. It’s done when it’s mostly solid like a cake!
- Start again, then smooth it out and add your toppings
- NUTRITION base only 224cal 14.2P/0F/37.4C
Oh and around the 14:30 mark of this YouTube video I show you how to make it step by step! I didn’t use any artificial sweetener here (my favorite is Skinny Mixes) because I have to cut them out just a few days before my competitions!