Introducing your new memorial day brunch plans! I’ve never posted this recipe before because I mistakenly thought everyone knew how to make it. It’s really so simple!
There’s no protein powder in this recipe… Why?
Because when you put protein powder in liquid, it dissolves. Basically disappears. A.k.a. you’re adding all of those calories to your French toast for what? Flavor that you could have otherwise added with spices or extracts? Or… You could serve the French toast up with a side omelette or eggs for the same amount of protein but more actual food!
Sometimes I make two slices, sometimes three, sometimes just one.
Low Calorie French ToastCourse: Breakfast, Recipes, Refeed Meal Ideas
2 slices of bread (I used Nature’s own 40 calorie Honey Wheat)
40ml Almond Milk
40g egg whites
20g Walden farms sugar free syrup
- Topping Ideas
Swerve Powdered sugar
More pancake syrup
Powdered nut butter
- Combined milk, egg whites, pancake syrup, and cinnamon in a bowl
- Heat a large pan
- So each slice of bread in the mixture
- Spray the pan and fry up your French toast bread until it’s brown on both sides
- Serve with whatever toppings your heart desires and a side of extra protein like eggs for a complete breakfast
- NUTRITION per 2 slices- 104 Cal 6.6P/.9F/19.6C