Back at it with another healthy meal prep for you guys that’s high in protein & low in fat!
I made the ground beef version of this first, which you can find here BUT after making it my brain started to get to work.
And oh mama, the chicken version is *chef’s kiss*
SWEET POTATO SPICY COMFORT FOOD
(but even better than version 1.0)
BECAUSE we got MORE Micronutrients with this one!!
I’ve also added peppers 🥳 (I hope you like them!)
You just need one pan for this recipe & it’s chock FULL of protein & allll the nutrients.
Please remember, carbs are your friends especially if your focus is weight loss and/or muscle building. You need carbs to fuel your workouts, fuel your BRAIN, & just generally function in society.
But you know that otherwise you wouldn’t be here. This ain’t a keto blog lol.
MACROS: 345 calories, 36.1P, 6.9F, 38C
Mexican Sweet Potato SkilletCourse: Lunch/Dinner, Meal Preps, Recipes
16oz (1lb) ground chicken
100g Onion, diced
Diced Bell Pepper (I buy the pre-diced kind, mine came out to 195g) ~2 peppers would work here!
1-2 garlic cloves (or 1 tbsp if you just use the pre diced stuff from the grocery like me)
1 large sweet potato, large diced. (mine came out to 340g) (or two smaller sweet potatoes)
1 can of pinto beans (mine weighed 264g after draining)
1 can fire roasted rotel tomatoes with green chilies
100g Velveeta Cheddar Shreds
Chili Powder, Cumin, Salt, Pepper
Cilantro (to garnish)
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and cook your ground chicken. Add 1 tbsp chili powder & 1 tsp of cumin + salt & pepper
- Add the garlic, onion, & bell peppers once the chicken is mostly cooked & let cook 3-5 minutes
- When the chicken is cooked, set aside in a bowl & wipe/wash the skillet (OR if you have a giant pot you can keep it all together, like an instant pot for example)
- Combine the diced sweet potato, pinto beans, rotel tomatoes, & an additional 2 tsp chili powder + 1 tsp cumin + salt & pepper
- Stir together, cover with a lid, & let simmer for 15-20 minutes until the sweet potato is soft (the larger your chunks of sweet potato the longer this will take)
- Add the ground chicken mixture back to the skillet & stir it all together!
- Top with cheese & cilantro it’s ready to serve or be split into meal prep containers.
- Macros for 1/4: 36.1 Protein, 6.9 fat, 38 carbs
- If your ground chicken is more than 16oz please use it all lol. Mine typically weighs about 17oz from the grocery.
If you make this recipe tag me over on instagram @emyogi_fit !
I LOVE to see your creations!
For information on 1:1 nutrition & fitness coaching please visit my coaching specific website here.
If you’re interested in more healthy meal preps check out my most popular healthy meal prep recipes!
Copycat Hamburger Helper Meal Prep
Baked Potato Cream of Rice Breakfast Meal Prep
I also have a whole blog with 20 ideas for meal preps!
My most recent posts: