This is a bowl of comfort!
High protein banza shells tossed in melted velveeta shreds with a little bit of a kick from some rotel tomatoes and ground beef for protein.
I made this several times last week and then decided just to meal prep it for the whole week it also comes together in under 30 minutes!
2022 Update: This is one of my GO TO meals. My clients also make this one regularly because it’s so simple!! Now I made it 5 serving to make it last the whole week. I either use 5 servings of dry pasta (more than 1 box of rotel) OR I use a “real” pasta for 5 servings worth.
Updated ingredients & amounts:
-16oz (1lb) ground 96/4 beef
-5 servings of pasta (weighed dry)
-180g velveeta shreds
-1 can of rotel (didn’t change)
The macros for this updated version come out to: 400 calories with 33P 8.5F & 47C!
Adjusting the macros:
For more protein just use more beef. 2lbs as opposed to just 1lb.
For more carbs… more pasta 🤪 (You might want to double the rotel if you’re doubling the meat or pasta)
If you need more fat: more CHEESE (lucky you!!) You could even use real cheese (whatttt??) since Velveeta is a low fat cheese option
Hamburger Helper CopycatCourse: Lunch/Dinner, Meal Preps, Recipes
1 package banza chickpea pasta (can use normal pasta of course, but the macros will be different)
12oz 96/4 ground beef
120g velveeta shreds
145g original rotel dices tomatoes and green chilies
340g (4 servings) frozen broccoli
Spices: onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- If you are meticulous about tracking, weigh your empty pasta pot. Mine weighed 1144g. Write it down
- Bring a pot of water to boil cook your pasta according to package directions
- In a separate pan cook your ground beef. I added onion powder, garlic powder, and salt
- When pasta is done cooking, drain, then toss back in the pot and add your velveeta, drained rotel tomatos and ground beef
- Mix until the cheese is mostly melted
- Tracking tip: Weigh the pot again now with everything. Mine weighed 2179 g so that divided by four equals 258.75 g. I am for 255 per container to separate it evenly
- Portion out into four containers and then add 85 g of frozen broccoli and you’re done! The frozen broccoli will cook when you heat the containers in the microwave
- NUTRITION- Calories 392 41P/10F/41C