Caramel Apple Protein FluffCourse: Dessert, Prep Essentials, Recipes
150250-270g Ice cubeskcal
250-270g ice cubes
40g Almond Milk
31g @pescience vanilla protein powder
8g jello cheesecake sugar free pudding powder
Caramel Extract (just a drizzle)
Vanilla Extract, just a dash
30g skinny syrup of your choice
- Toppings- for the bowl shown
28g cinnamon toastier almond butter from @americandreamnutbutter
10g toffee apple @flavordpbco
10g Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- In a food processor blend ice until it reaches snow consistency
- Add the other ingredients. Almond milk, proteins, putting mix, extracts, sweetener
- Blend for exactly 3 minutes and 30 seconds, stopping wants to scrape the sides
- Scoop into a ball and freeze for 30 minutes to an hour
- Add toppings just before serving
- Extra step for yummy Ness! After topping with almond butter but before topping with cereal, placed back in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to make the almond butter cold and hard… I love it this way!
- NUTRITION for just base- 150 cal 24.2P/1.9F/8.7C
- NUTRITION with toppings 389cal 33.6P/14.9F/27.8C
As a reminder, you need a whey/casein blend protein for the “fluffing” action in the food processor to occur. It will not work with vegan protein. That’s why I always use PE Science protein.
I am not affiliated with PE Science protein (yet, but it’s totally my dream to one day be!) I just use their product because it’s the best protein for fluff & baking I’ve found!
If you choose to use only whey protein, you will need to use 1-2g of xanthan gum to help it fluff. Some people complain that xanthan gum causes bloating, so be warned.