I’ve been eating some variation of protein fluff since before Christmas 2019
(it’s currently July 2020)
If you haven’t tried it, protein fluff is like a cross between cool whip & ice cream texture wise & the “fluff” base is so low calorie you can have fun adding toppings.
I always add some combo of powdered peanut butter + real nut butter + a cereal.
This peanut butter protein fluff is my newest fluff flavor & I’m obsessed!
You need a good WHEY/CASEIN BLEND protein for optimal fluffing. Seriously, this is where protein quality matters.
I have zero affiliation with any protein company at ALL, but PE Science protein is the best for both baking & fluffing. (I have tubs of other brands lying around my apartment… untouched ugh)
IF you don’t have a whey/casein blend you can attempt fluff, but you will need to add 1-2g xanthan gum (find it in the baking aisle OR here on Amazon)
I’ve actually been adding a small pinch (less than 1 gram) of xanthan recently to my fluff too! It helps the fluff hold its form & stay fluffy, but it’s not necessary if you are using PE Science protein.
And sorry, vegan protein will NOT work with this recipe–but stay tuned because I’ve got an idea I want to try soon!
Peanut Butter Lover’s Protein FluffCourse: Dessert, Prep Essentials, Recipes
250-270g ice cubes
40g almond milk
28g @pescience peanut butter cookie protein powder
10g NORMAL PB2 powder
8g sugar-free jello cheesecake pudding powder
30g @skinnymixes skinny syrup
28g monster cookie peanut butter from @americandreamnutbutter
10g Chocolate pb2
10g Reese’s puffs
- In a food processor or blend ice until it reaches a snow Consistency
- Add the other ingredients. Almond milk, protein, pudding mix, peanut butter powder, sweetener
- Blend for about three minutes and 30 seconds stopping once to scrape the sides
- Scoop into a bowl and freeze for 30 minutes to an hour
- Add toppings just before serving
- Extra step for yummy Ness; after topping with peanut butter and before topping with cereal place back in the freezer for about 5 to 10 minutes to make the peanut butter cold and hard like a candy shell
- NUTRITION base only- 188 cal 25.5P/2.9F/14.8C
- NUTRITION with toppings- 389cal 38.3P/16.1F/33.7C