Necessity is the mother of invention a.k.a. I haven’t have a real Vietnamese noodle bowl in like two years. So I made a crazy low-carb version and it’s everything. If you were eating like a normal human use normal noodles.
Nonnegotiable are the fresh lemon grass mint and cilantro. These herbs are what brought the flavors together and make this an amazing dish! My dad happens to have a lemon grass plant in the backyard along with cement.
Low Carb Vietnamese Noodle BowlCourse: Lunch/Dinner, Prep Essentials, Recipes, Shirataki Noodles
2 stalks of fresh Lemongrass
1 clove garlic diced
10g Walden farms sugar free pancake syrup
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp fish juice
Juice from 1/2 lime
- Ingredients for the bowl
4oz chicken breast cut into small nugget sized pieces
35g mixed spring greens
30g match stick carrots
1/2 tbsp fresh mint
1 tbsp fresh cilantro
1 bag @miraclenoodle angel hair prepped according to the package
- Dressing Ingredients
50g sweet chili @ghughessugarfree
20g fish sauce
15g rice wine vinegar
Juice from 1/2 a lime
1 garlic clove
- Smash the lemon grass to release the lemon you sent, then chop it and mixed together with the rest of the marinade ingredients. Marinate the chicken overnight
- Prep the noodles (I let them cool down a bit in the fridge after pan frying them)
- Cook the chicken in a hot pan, searing each side on high heat, then letting it cook through over low heat
- Prep the dressing by combining all ingredients and stirring
- Please everything in your bowl salad, noodles, herbs, chicken etc.
- Top with dressing and enjoy
- NUTRITION 169 calories 28/6P/1.1F/12.9C
Lately, I’ve had higher carbs to work with, so I’ve been replacing the Miracle Noodles with 100g cooked white rice. The macros with rice come out to 299 cals| 31.3P | 1.4F | 39.1C.
I’ve also been using slightly less Rice Vinegar (10g instead of 15g) & slightly less sweet chili sauce (40g instead of 50g) and this version is slightly less acidic.