It was a normal Tuesday afternoon and as (not) usual i was watching Tasty cooking videos 🤫and i saw a recipe for those super fluffy Japanese pancakes and thought huh, I bet i could replicate the fluffiness with whipped egg whites too! Sure enough this is an EPIC volume hack for protein or normal pancakes
Fluffy Pancake HackCourse: Breakfast, Recipes
37g @pamcakespancakes buttermilk protein pancake mix
46g egg whites
10g nestle mini chocolate chips
- Using an electric mixer, whip your egg whites until they form fluffy peaks, i was aiming for stiff peaks, but got impatient after 5 minutes or so and you can see the last pictures I need up with softer peaks but even when i held the whisk upside down it didnt fall!
- Measure out your pancake mix into a separate bowl and pour a small amount of water in it so that you can JUST mix them. I used 25ml of water and then mixed, it was VERY thick.
- Gently fold in the beaten egg whites until combined. Do this with a spoon so you don’t over mix.
- Add your chocolate chips here, reserving a few to top your pancakes
- Cook them in a tiny pan. I covered my baby frying pan with a lid and times it to 4 minutes when i was easily able to flip the pancakes
- Serve with Walden Farms Pancake syrup
- NUTRITION for whole Stack 206 calories 17.2P/7.4F/18.4C