Looking to add more micronutrients to your day but not willing to sacrifice flavor?
Enter the BOWL MEAL.
I think of them like those pretty “Buddha Bowls” you see on pinterest, but those are all vegan I think so I’m not sure if Buddha would approve of this one.
Micronutrients GALORE here. We’ve got Omega 3s in the smoked salmon (I take an omega 3 supplement, but it’s still important to actually eat fish protein too!) fiber & vitamin D in the mushrooms, potassium & satiating carbs in the potatoes, & vitamin K & C in the Brussels Sprouts! (and more, but I’m not gonna list them ALL out)
This is very meal prep friendly too!
Just prep your potatoes, mushrooms, Brussels Sprouts/spinach & store them separately, then reheat & toss in a container with the cold smoked salmon on top.
Hate smoked salmon? Replace the salmon with chicken & toss some Sugar Free BBQ sauce on top!
Smoked Salmon “Buddha” BowlsCourse: Lunch/Dinner, Prep Essentials, Recipes, Refeed Meal Ideas
56g smoked salmon
85g shaved Brussel sprouts
15g balsamic vinegar
A bit of Walden farms sugar free pancake syrup
150g gold/russet potatoes
- Cut the potatoes, spray with spray oil and add some garlic salt then toss in the air fryer at 400° for 12 to 15 minutes keep an eye on them
- Sauté the shaved brussels sprouts or spinach, covering it with the lid off for a few minutes. Add balsamic and a touch of pancake syrup the last few minutes of cooking
- Sauté your mushrooms separately
- Then assemble your bowl with smoke salmon on top
- NUTRITION 251 cal 21P/2.5F/39.4C