Found this Fig Butter Spread at Trader Joe’s the other weekend and OMG I am obsessed!
(Fig Butter is basically just fig jam fyi)
This crunch wrap is a FLAVOR BOMB & I love how it has deli sliced turkey breast which cuts down on the prep time for this wrap. No need to cook and shred any chicken here!
A note on caramelizing onions WITHOUT OIL:
I recently learned that adding WATER to the frying onions will help keep them from drying out. Every few minutes when it looks like the onions are getting dry/about to burn, I’ll take the little pan over to the sink and put maybe 2-3tbsp worth of water in. I might have to do this a few times, but it helps to brown those onions right up!
The whole process of onion caramelization (or at least as caramelized as I make them) takes 5-10 minutes.
If you don’t have the time to caramelize the onions, skip that step, or even cut out the onions.
Fig & Feta Crunch WrapCourse: Crunch Wraps, Lunch/Dinner, Recipes
1 wrap, i use @cutdacarb
1 laughing cow light Swiss cheese
15g @traderjoes fig butter spread
70g deli sliced turkey breast
50g diced caramel iced onion
16g FF feta
30g fresh spinach
- Caramelize your onions by tossing them in a sprayed pan and cooking on medium low heat until they are a golden color. I recently learned that adding water when they start to dry out or before the burn helps them to caramelize without oil. Are usually have to add water a couple of times, only a few tablespoons at a time
- Assemble your contract by first spreading out the laughing cow cheese and a small circle
- Then spread your fig butter on top of the cheese
- Add your turkey, onion, feta and then pile the spinach on and wrap up
- Spray with cooking spray, then either air fry or place same side down on a hot pan, flipping after a few minutes
- NUTRITION 264cal 25.2P/3.4F/29.6C