Ya’ll I can’t even. These taste and small use like real scones AND are only 240 calls each! I will admit that texture wise they aren’t identical to a normal scone chock full of normal butter and heavy cream that gives them their flakiness. BUT this is a version you can eat every day guilt free! @pamcakepancakes Buttermilk mix is KEY for the flavor here and my code ⭐️emyogifit⭐️ will save you 10% on any order!
Buttermilk Protein SconesCourse: Breakfast, Dessert
37g/1serving @pamcakespancakes Classic buttermilk pancake mix (code-me yogi fit)
10g all purpose flour
1g or 1/2 tsp baking powder
1-2g stevia (about a packet and a half)
40g non-fat Greek yogurt
5g light Butter (DO NOT MELT)
7g mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and link baking sheet with parchment paper
- Mix all your dry ingredients together in a small bowl
- Add your Greek yogurt and gently stir until its 80% mixed. The secret to scones is NOT over mixing, less is more here
- Butter. IF you have the time FREEZE your butter over night. Other wise measure out your 5g in a separate dish and then cut it up with a spoon into small chunks before adding it to your batter.
- Mix. BUT NOT TOO MUCH. Butter chunks are good! 😍
- Add chocolate chips. (Or blueberries, yum)
- Drop onto parchment paper lined pan. I used the spoon to shape it into a triangle.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until it starts to turn golden
- Frozen butter gives the scone more texture.
- OVER-MIXING will not affect the flavor of the scone, but it will affect the texture and overall fluffiness of the scone. You do NOT want a smooth batter
- It might seem like there isn’t enough liquid, but there is i promise, be patient
- Store in the fridge and zap in microwave to enjoy the next day😉
- Nutrition per scone- 240calories 17P/9F/26C